New Health Services is fortunate to have a staff of leaders in across many disciplines. Let’s take a behind the scenes look at our team and what they do outside of their daily routines at New Health.
Ozzie Cabral, the Director of Integrated Services, is part of the integrated team at New Health’s state-of-the-art facility.
Ozzie has worked in the mental health field since 2002 in both residential and outpatient addiction treatment facilities, as well as community mental health centers.
All of Ozzie’s expertise focuses on helping patients find a better way to manage pain. Ozzie’s methods include:
- Addiction Treatment
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Skills Training
- Aggression Replacement Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Therapies
Where else can you find Ozzie in the community?
Ozzie is the Board President for Rise Up Community High School, a part of Denver Public Schools. Rise Up helps engage young people who have dropped out, or are at risk of dropping out, of school.
Ozzie is also proud to be part of the Lift The Label Campaign. He has been featured on two of their commercials playing on Hulu and Netflix.
Additionally, Ozzie is a national speaker at various addiction and mental health conferences. He also facilitates staff training for organizations nationwide. Here are a few of his recent speaking engagements:
- Colorado State 2nd Opioid Safety Summit sponsored by the Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) and the Office of Behavioral Health (OBH)
- For Men in Recovery: hosting leaders in the community to share their stories of experience, strength, and hope.
- Four Directions Indigenous Peoples March held at the Colorado State Capital. Learn more about Ozzie and his amazing wolf, Nakai.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)’s annual conference in April 2019. ASAM sets the standards and criteria for treatment in addiction medicine.
Outside of the health field, Ozzie founded and currently operates Song of the Wolf Healing Center. Song of the Wolf is a wolf and wolf-hybrid rescue located in Bailey, Colorado.
Ozzie is extremely passionate about everything he does in work and in life! Reach out to Ozzie to learn more about New Health Services or to find out where he will be speaking this year.